Noted for its friendly laid-back atmosphere, Opelika, AL brings a true sense of community to people seeking history, authentic entertainment venues and unique food experiences – all in an easy-living environment. Opelika’s Historic Downtown District combines historic and current trends and is a home to entrepreneurs and their thriving businesses. Restaurants, a brewery, a distillery, one-of-a-kind boutiques and others proudly source local goods. The culture of the downtown historic district reflects Opelika’s past as a quiet rail town and its energetic and exciting future.
Opelika boasts a state-of-the-art school system of eight K-12 public schools that prepare children for work in a competitive global society. Additionally, two private schools add more education opportunities. Higher education can be found right at home with Southern Union State Community College, an open admission, public, two-year college, and Auburn University only minutes away. Tuskegee University is also a short drive from Opelika.
Located just off I-85, Opelika is only 20 minutes from the Kia manufacturing facility and offers convenient access to the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Opelika offers a highly-ranked healthcare system including East Alabama Medical Center, which features a full Cardiac Care Center, highly acclaimed orthopedic services and an accredited cancer center.
Residents of all ages enjoy nine parks throughout the city, and golfers will find four award-winning public golf courses, including The Grand National on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. Outdoor enthusiasts can bike, hike and camp at Chewacla State Park, and fish in Lee County and Saugahatchee Lakes. Sports enthusiasts are welcome at the Opelika Sportsplex and Aquatics Center. The Jule Collins Smith Museum of Art in nearby Auburn houses acclaimed collections of art, and the new Gouge Performing Arts Center brings national Broadway performances and events to the area.
Lowder selected Opelika to expand its portfolio of neighborhoods and embrace the city’s sense of community. For more than 60 years, Lowder has been building neighborhoods in Alabama of high-quality homes using nothing but the finest products from the nation’s leading suppliers. The Camelot neighborhood reflects Lowder New Homes’ confidence in Opelika as a city of the future.
Why is Lowder New Homes your best choice for exceptional, long-term value?
- More than 60 Years of residential homebuilding experience
- Alabama owned and operated
- Written warranty comes with our full-service Warranty Department and 24-Hour Response Line, ensuring you receive the best possible after-sales service
- Beautiful Design Center with exceptional interior design services to help you style and decorate your new construction home in Opelika, Alabama
- Recognized by Builder magazine and the National Association of Homebuilders as one of the Top 100 Builders in the nation
- Achieved the highest national honor and status of Diamond Builder by 2-10 Homebuilders Warranty for excellence in construction standards and customer satisfaction
- Each new construction home undergoes a thorough, independent third party inspection
The Oxford plan introduces the Cottage Elevation in the Manors…
The Rosemary Plan features Transitional Architecture with an open layout.Foyer…
The Amelia Plan features Craftsman Architecture with open layout, flexible…
The Amelia Plan features Cottage Architecture w/open layout, flex spaces…