Summerlin, Auburn - Homes from the mid $370s.
The Summerlin neighborhood marks Lowder New Homes’ expansion into one of the most sought-after communities in the Southeast – Auburn, Alabama. This vibrant, wooded subdivision offers generous lot sizes for single-family homes and easy access to the best Auburn offers. Our new homes in Summerlin feature superior construction and materials, energy-efficiency, and modern floor plansBrowse Summerlin homes in Auburn, AL
Summerlin Floor Plans
Lowder New Homes offers a variety of 3- to 5-bedroom floor plans in Summerlin, all designed with today’s modern living in mind. Our Summerlin floor plans range from 2100 sq ft to nearly 4000 sq ft, with features that include flex space, casual and formal dining rooms, spacious master suites, and more.
Examples of Summerlin floor plans include:
A 4-bedroom, 3.5-bath plan with flex room, bonus upstairs loft, and an optional 5th bedroom.
This 4-bedroom, 3.5-bath plan offers flex space and loft with numerous options like a wet bar, fireplace, and more.
A spacious 3-bedroom, 2.5-bath layout with a flexible space that is perfect for use as either a study or 4th bedroom.
A 4-bedroom, 3-bath plan with options for a study or expanded owner’s retreat.
An open-concept 3-bedroom, 2.5-bath floor plan with a loft and options for a fireplace and additional storage.
Our Summerlin homes also offer quality hardwood flooring, Energy Star windows and appliances, solid wood cabinetry, quartz or granite counters, and landscape/sod packages to finish out your outdoor space. Best of all, we back these homes with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty — not to mention our company’s reputation as one of Alabama’s leading homebuilders.
Summerlin is located mere minutes from all of Auburn’s amenities and conveniences, from shopping and dining to schools and outdoor recreation destinations. You’re only 10 minutes from Auburn University, an hour’s drive to downtown Montgomery, and a short two-hour drive to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta.
What to See, Do, & Eat in Auburn, AL
Residents of Summerlin can enjoy everything from camping and outdoor green spaces to championship golfing, world-class art exhibits, and SEC college football — all within a few minutes’ drive. Here’s just a sampling of what there is to do in the Auburn-Opelika area:
- Chewacla State Park. One of the most popular outdoor attractions, Chewacla State Park, offers hiking, camping, swimming, fishing, mountain biking, and much more.
- Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art. Immerse yourself in culture with world-class exhibits on the Auburn University campus.
- Grand National Golf Course. Enjoy championship golf in nearby Opelika at one of the crown jewels of the famed Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
- College sports at Auburn University. Enjoy football, men/women’s basketball, baseball, and more at this SEC school. Go Tigers!
- Kiesel Park. A hub of community life in Auburn, Kiesel Park hosts family-style events and festivals throughout the year.
Be sure to check out our Local’s Guide for a more expansive list of Auburn-Opelika area attractions.
Auburn City Schools is the fastest-growing school district in Alabama over the last five years. It is recognized among the nation’s top public school systems each year and receives praise for its progressive use of technology and widespread community involvement.
Public school students living in the Summerlin neighborhood attend school at:
- Dean Road Elementary School
- Wrights Mill Road Intermediate School
- Auburn Junior High School
- Auburn High School
For parents looking for private education for their kids, there are also top-ranked schools like The Oaks and Lee-Scott Academy. As for higher education, Auburn University is one of the premier institutions in the Southeast, offering more than 150 majors and enrolling 30,000 students a year.
Auburn, AL Real Estate Options
When looking at homes in Auburn, AL, prospective buyers have many property types to choose from, including single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. As a college town, rental properties are often in high demand, making Auburn a favorable location to buy investment properties. Median home values in the area are around $254,000, with actual home prices ranging between the low 100s and the mid-700s.
When searching Auburn, AL real estate, many buyers look at MLS real estate listings and conduct their home search with a realtor. However, new home constructions are on the rise in this growing community. With new builds being comparable in value to existing properties, many home buyers are working directly with builders to buy new.Learn More About Auburn
Why Buy a New Home in Summerlin?
Among the new construction homes for sale in Auburn, the Summerlin neighborhood sits in one of the most opportune locations. It is close enough to Auburn University to be convenient yet far enough away to avoid the elevated costs of the prime university land — effectively giving you more square footage for the money. Some other reasons to consider a new construction home:
Start with a clean slate.
By definition, everything in a new construction home is new when you move in, from your appliances to your roof and HVAC system. This newness means lower maintenance costs for you, as well as the backing of new home warranties.
Save on energy bills.
As technology advance and building codes change, new homes typically come with more energy-efficient features — allowing you to save money while reducing your impact on the environment.
Make it yours.
Customizing a pre-existing older home to your tastes generally means costly renovations. When buying new construction, you make those customization choices at the beginning, and your homebuilder works them into the cost of the purchase. The result is a new home designed around your preferences, not someone else’s.
How to Find New Homes in Auburn, Alabama
Among the many options for buying an Auburn, AL home, the best way to get what you want at a fair price is to work with an established homebuilder like Lowder New Homes. We have a 60-year history of building beautiful and well-built single-family homes throughout central Alabama, and we insist only on the highest quality products and the highest standards of craftsmanship. We back our work with an industry-leading warranty and unsurpassed customer service to make sure you’re delighted with your new home.
Why Work with Lowder New Homes?
- We are Alabama owned and operated.
- We boast a 60-plus year track record of success.
- We conduct an independent third-party inspection of each new construction home.
- We provide the best after-sales service in the industry, complete with a Warranty Department and 24-Hour Response Line.
- We offer interior design services through our Design Center.
- We are recognized by Builder magazine and the National Association of Homebuilders as one of the Top 100 Builders in the nation.
- We’ve achieved the highest national honor and status of Diamond Builder by 2-10 Homebuilders Warranty for excellence in construction standards and customer satisfaction.