Pike Road, Alabama
Pike Road, Alabama is one of the fastest growing towns in Alabama, growing 17 fold between the 2000 and 2010 censuses. Lowder New Homes chose to build new construction single-family homes in this new and growing community because of the quality amenities, people, and schools. You, too, can benefit from its unique combination of rural living and proximity to Montgomery.
About Pike Road
Officially established as a municipality in 1997, the Town of Pike Road is technically one of Alabama’s newest communities. However, the region itself was settled in the early 1800s and existed for many decades as a quiet farming community.
As nearby Montgomery began experiencing its urban sprawl, neighborhood leaders in Pike Road became concerned that the community’s quiet way of life could be lost unless they could keep local zoning control. After years of discussions on the subject, residents ultimately voted to incorporate as a Class 8 municipality in 1997. Since that time, Pike Road has experienced rapid growth and has become one of Montgomery’s most sought-after suburban communities.
Schools in Pike Road
Families with school-age children at home are especially interested in buying real estate in this area because of Pike Road Schools. Recognized as a major asset to the area, the mission of the Pike Road School District — to create a culture of intellectual curiosity where all students have ownership over their learning and are inspired to think, innovate, and create — reflects the same culture that is Pike Road.
Advantages of Living in Pike Road
Besides the benefits of living in a happy, tight-knit community, Pike Road residents enjoy many advantages, including:
- Convenient commute times. Pike Road is less than a half-hour’s drive from downtown Montgomery.
- Outdoor recreation. Hiking, fishing, golf, and horseback riding are all found within a few minutes of home.
- Pike Road Natural Trail System. This planned network of walking trails promises to be a centerpiece of the community — starting with Phase I already in use along Meriwether Drive.
Real Estate in Pike Road
Despite being a highly popular residential area, Pike Road still enjoys remarkably affordable real estate prices. Median home values of Pike Road are just under $300,000, with MLS real estate listings ranging from modest homes in the low 100’s to more upscale home nearing the 900’s.
New homes are comparable in value to pre-existing homes, which means that not only do Pike Road, AL real estate investments tend to keep their value, but buying a new construction here makes better sense.
Pike Road is home to several new home developments, including Woodland Creek, which offers abundant amenities, generous lot sizes, and ample square feet of space — not to mention plenty more land for sale in the outlying areas. Property types are mainly single-family homes, but townhomes and apartments are also present in the area.
Why Purchase a New Home for Sale in Woodland Creek?
At Woodland Creek, our newly built homes are in pristine condition, and won’t suffer from the same costly dilemmas an older home may experience. Let’s walk through the myriad of benefits that come with choosing to purchase a new construction home over an older home:
- Old homes can have leaky roofs, poor insulation, amateur or old electrical wiring, and residual lead paint. Our new homes in Pike Road have none of these potentially hazardous conditions.
- All of the homes for sale in Woodland Creek feature brand new HVAC systems, appliances, electrical wiring, and plumbing.
- There is no need to replace the roof or make any other costly modifications for many years.
- All of our Woodland Creek homes for sale feature the latest energy-efficient upgrades, ensuring your utility costs will be lower than they would be in an older, inefficient home.
Woodland Creek Amenities
The Woodland Creek subdivision is nestled within natural wooded surroundings and provides many conveniences and amenities for its residents. Features of this community include:
- Generous wooded lots
- Grand clubhouse and fitness center
- Community swimming pool
- Playground area for the kids
- Outdoor fireplace
- Bark Park
- Other outdoor amenities, including a butterfly garden and nature trail
We think you should have a say when purchasing one of our homes for sale in Pike Road.
Why go through a realtor to buy an old home designed for someone else’s family when you can customize one of our homes to your specific liking? Potential homebuyers looking at one of our Pike Road homes should remember that they will have a say in everything from the floor plan and fixtures to appliances and features.
Our new construction homes in Woodland Creek start in the low $220’s and offer the same high-quality materials and craftsmanship that have established Lowder New Homes’ reputation as a top Alabama builder for the last 60-plus years.
Let Lowder New Homes help you find a new construction home in Pike Road that is perfect for your needs. Call us at 334-270-6789 to speak to one of our real estate agents, or reach out to us via the Contact page on our website.
Continue below to take a look below at some of our Pike Road, AL homes for sale.
$3000 towards Closing Costs ON THIS INVENTORY HOME IF YOU…
LOCATED IN THE PIKE ROAD SCHOOL SYSTEM. It’s Back and…