Frequently Asked Questions
Lowder New Homes has built in neighborhoods across Montgomery. Currently, our largest areas of concentration are the East Montgomery area due to the high demand for new homes in this fast-growing part of the city. Some of the neighborhoods we currently build in include:
- Deer Creek — A welcoming newer subdivision in East Montgomery featuring great amenities like a pool and splash park, gated entrance, tennis courts, jogging trails and even a stocked fishing pond. Homes from the mid-$200s.
- Stoneybrooke Plantation — A quiet, private East Montgomery neighborhood with lush greenscapes, walking trails and a large fishing lake. Homes from the low $200s.
- Hampstead — An innovative sustainable “new urban” community with walkable streets, shops, restaurants, a YMCA, dog park, a library and a community farm. Homes from the $230s.
- New Park — One of East Montgomery’s most popular new neighborhoods for the past few years, New Park features innovative, thoughtful floor plans, a pool, splash pad, lakes and walking trails. Homes from the low $200s.
- Woodland Creek — Located in Pike Road, this neighborhood features plenty of natural beauty with wooded lots, greenscapes and walking trails, along with a butterfly garden, dog park, pool and fitness center. Homes from the $200s to the $400s.
- Summerlin — Our brand-new neighborhood in Auburn, Alabama. Keep an eye out for details to come!
Lowder seeks to build in Montgomery neighborhoods that offer a combination of comfortability, conveniences, thoughtful floorplans and homes for a variety of budgets. Some of our floorplans are unique to certain neighborhoods to match their values and aesthetic — for example, Hampstead and New Park — but all are designed to meet the needs of individuals and families with a wide range of interests and budgets. To learn more available homes within these fine Montgomery-area neighborhoods, call Lowder New Homes today at 334-270-6789.
New homebuyers look for neighborhoods that cater to their lifestyles. New subdivisions are responding by offering attractive amenities that only used to be available at the luxury level, but now are more accessible across many budgets. The specific features differ slightly according to the neighborhood. Here are some of the shared amenities you’ll find in communities where Lowder New Homes currently builds.
- Deer Creek — This gated community offers plenty of amenities for active people and families, including a clubhouse, playground swimming pool, wading pool, splash pad, fitness center, lighted tennis courts, walking paths and a stocked fishing pond.
- Stoneybrooke Plantation — This neighborhood will appeal to those who crave the quiet and serenity of natural surroundings, featuring limited-access entry, greenscapes, walking trails, picnic areas, a large fishing lake and a playground for the kids.
- Hampstead — A new urban community, Hampstead will appeal to those who want a different kind of sustainable “in-town” living, with shops, eateries and residences all in walking distance. Amenities and nearby establishments include a YMCA, a library, a coffee shop, restaurants, park areas (including a dog park), pool, tennis courts and a community farm.
- New Park — This neighborhood offers features that appeal to growing families and “empty nesters” alike, with an amenity list that includes a clubhouse, pool, splash pad, playground, a local YMCA fitness facility, walking trails and scenic lakes.
- Woodland Creek — This community’s amenities are designed for individuals and families who love to live amidst natural surroundings. Features include wooded lots, a clubhouse, fitness center, swimming pool, as well as an outdoor area with afireplace, a butterfly garden, dog park, walking trails and plenty of lush greenery.
The shared amenities at all Lowder communities are designed to meet the high quality of living that new construction homebuyers have come to expect. To learn more about the amenities and features of our Montgomery-area neighborhoods, call Lowder New homes at 334-270-6789.
When building or buying a new construction home, there are thousands of choices to be made — enough to overwhelm even the experienced home buyer. Lowder New Homes helps to simplify this process by offering a wide variety of floorplans to suit the needs of almost every individual, family and lifestyle. In many cases, buyers can find a floorplan that meets their wish list perfectly with few changes. Here are some tips to help you find the right floorplan for your needs:
- Determine how many bedrooms and bathrooms you need. If you and your spouse are planning a family, you might want additional bedrooms to grow into so you don’t have to move in a few years. If you are an “empty nester” who is downsizing, you may want fewer bedrooms, which in turn may leave you more room in your budget for upgrades. If you work from home, you may want to factor in an extra bedroom to use as an office.
- Determine what features you need in a floorplan. Do you need an open-concept plan with a kitchen opening to a great room? Do you need a spacious, eat-in kitchen, or are you okay with the basics? Do you want a flexible floorplan with rooms that can be modified to your changing needs?
- Narrow your list of possible neighborhoods. Some Lowder floorplans are specific only to certain communities to match that neighborhood’s standards and aesthetic. For example, in Hampstead, we build a unique array of home styles that are designed around that master-planned community. As a result, they aren’t available anywhere else. Choosing your neighborhood will tell you which types of floor plans are available there.
- Visit Lowder’s Floorplan Collection online. Our collection is searchable by neighborhood and square footage, as well as by the number of bedrooms and bathrooms. It also tells you which floorplans are available in which neighborhood.
If you’re still having trouble deciding which Lowder floorplan is right for you, we are always here to help. Call Lowder New Homes today at 334-270-6789.
Once you have your lot reserved, it takes approximately 5 months with good weather. This includes pricing your changes, drawing blueprints, and meeting with our decorator before construction begins.
Absolutely. Our high-quality new construction homes can be customized to fit your unique needs, desires, and tastes. We can price any minor changes or additions you prefer. Footprint changes can be done for a nominal redraw fee.
No, but you may hold a lot for 30 days that is completely refundable.
Yes, but you must go through your HOA for approval first.
To install a fence after the house is built, homeowners must go through the HOA for approval. Additionally, all fences must be a shadowbox style and be 6’ high (unless low area and approved by HOA).
When you build a Lowder new home, you are investing in quality materials from the ground up, including top-of-the-line appliances. Lowder provides two warranties: A one-year builder warranty for coverage on the workmanship of the house, and a 2-10 structural warranty.
Our warranties are backed by a full-service warranty department with a 24-hour response line.
Because of insurance restrictions, move-in may only occur after closing. It’s important for all parties to work closely with the lender to ensure a timely closing.
Choosing the right builder is one of the most important decisions you’ll face when opting to buy a new construction home. You need to make sure that the builder you select is one that is experienced, trustworthy, and most of all, a pleasure to work alongside. Here are a few reasons why Lowder New Homes checks all of those important boxes:
- We boast decades of local experience. Locally owned and operated for more than 60 years, Lowder New Homes aims to build exceptionally beautiful, high-quality homes that are built to stand the test of time. Learn more about us.
- We prioritize quality. We are committed to using nothing but the finest, highest quality products and materials from the industry’s leading manufacturers. This, in addition to our unbeatable warranties and unsurpassed standards of customer service – both during and after the sale – are just a few of the reasons we’ve earned the reputation of being the River Region’s most trusted home builders.
- We build in the best neighborhoods. Where you decide to build your new home is just as important as what floorplan you choose. That’s why we build in top-notch neighborhoods throughout the Alabama River Region. We are located in neighborhoods suited to every taste, budget and lifestyle — including Hampstead, Woodland Creek, and StoneyBrooke Plantation.
- We provide a wide variety of floorplans and customization options. Whether you want something simple and cozy or luxurious and open-concept, Lowder New Homes has a floor plan that will match your budget and lifestyle. Once the floorplan is selected, you also have complete control over your new home’s flooring, cabinetry, countertops, interior and exterior colors, and so much more.
- We offer competitive incentives. We provide our customers with extra value through homebuyer incentives, such a free design upgrades, zero closing costs, and more!
With many of our Montgomery neighborhoods located just a short drive from Alabama’s Maxwell Air Force Base, the Lowder New Homes team is dedicated to meeting the unique housing needs of servicemen, servicewomen, and their families. As a special thank-you for your sacrifice and service to our country, we offer military personnel and their families $1000 towards moving expenses or closing costs upon becoming a customer. In addition to this benefit, our preferred lenders have extensive experience working with VA loans — so you can enjoy a fast and easy financing process for your family.
Why do Alabama military families choose to work with Lowder New Homes? Because we offer reliable, well-built homes in safe communities that feature exceptional schools and top-of-the-line amenities. Our team makes the home shopping and home buying process easier by taking the risk out of shopping for a home.
Want to learn more about buying a new construction while in the military? Lowder New Homes has your back. Here are some helpful homebuying and relocation resources for military individuals and military families:
- Relocation tips: How to plan a smooth military move to Alabama River Region.
- Buying vs renting: In what circumstances is it better for military family to buy a home?
- VA Home Loans: Learn how this benefit works, and how to get the process started.
- Move.mil: The Department of Defense global relocation portal.
- AHRN.com: Connecting the military community with housing opportunities.
- Militaryinstallations.dod.mil: A directory of military relocation resources by state and base.
The Lowder New Home plans that appear in the newest section of the New Park community in East Montgomery, Alabama are part of a new housing design trend known as “Thoughtful Homes.” The effort in New Park is in collaboration with Stephen Moore of BSB Design, an internationally recognized residential architectural firm that specializes in designing “Thoughtful Homes.”
What is the overarching goal behind building “Thoughtful Homes”? Rather than create an environment convenient to the builders — which residents must then figure out — these plans are based on current human behavior patterns to make living in the homes a natural, relaxed experience.
“Thoughtful Homes” also offer practical physical design features that are intended to simplify natural living rhythms. Think of these features as as subtle design “tweaks” that can make a world of difference in the ease of us and convenience of your home. Examples of “Thoughtful Home” features include:
- Maximized and plentiful storage
- Smart home technology
- Kitchen-centric designs
- Private owner’s entrance
- Flexible spaces
- Oversized garages
The Lowder New Homes team is excited to be part of this new home design trend. We believe these homes will bring joy and ease to many families. You can feel good about making your home in New Park, which boasts many amenities, including a pool, splashpad, walking trails, lakes, and a clubhouse, as well as the close proximity to a YMCA and the area’s top notch schools. Considering buying a home in East Montgomery? Learn more about buying a “Thoughtful Home” in New Park.
At Lowder New Homes, we’re often asked about our building methods as it concerns energy efficiency. How energy efficient are our houses? The short answer is “very” — but let’s elaborate on some of the ways in which we build our homes to save you money on energy bills while doing our part to conserve the environment.
- Insulation: As a standard part of any Lowder construction, we install a powerful combination of dense Energy Star wall insulation, as well as loose-fill fiberglass insulation in the attic — both at an R-factor well above standard building codes. This not only helps your home stay cool in summer and warm in winter, but it also can shave hundreds a year off your energy bills.
- Windows: More heat and cool air are lost via the windows than practically anywhere else in the house. That’s why we install high-performance “low-E” windows standard in every home we build. These windows not only keep warm and cool air where they belong — inside your home — but they also shield your home and family against possibly harmful UV rays.
- HVAC: Once again, Lowder insists on exceeding minimum building standards here. With current building codes holding heating/cooling equipment to a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER rating) of 13, we install HVAC equipment in every home with a minimum SEER rating of 15. This means you’ll save more on average on your heating and cooling bills in a Lowder home than you would with a home that only meets minimum codes.
- Appliances: Be default, we install only high-grade GE Energy Star appliances in every home we build, again helping to make your energy dollars go further than the average.
- Additional Energy Saving Options: Interested in “smart home” technology and “green” building solutions? Lowder can include these and other extras to suit. We are a certified Green Home Builder with the National Association of Home Builders, and we are a certified Green Energy Key builder with the Home Builders Association of Alabama.
Any other questions about energy efficiency and environmentally friendly solutions? Just ask us. Call Lowder New Homes today at 334-270-6789.
Lowder New Homes has been proudly building high-quality new construction homes in and around Montgomery, Alabama for many decades — and with good reason: This city is the best! Let’s list just a few of the benefits you’ll experience in relocating to Montgomery.
- Growing Jobs Market: Alabama saw about 15,500 new jobs added just in 2017, and Montgomery sits right in the heart of that growth. Maxwell Air Force Base offers an ongoing stream of work for both military personnel and civilians, with commercial and healthcare following close behind. There’s plenty of opportunity for employment here.
- Arts, Culture and History: Montgomery is the regional hub for art and culture in Alabama, with a rich musical legacy as well as a wealth of historical markers. Visit the State Capitol and the Civil Rights Memorial. Stroll through the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, or take in a show at the Montgomery Ballet or the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. It’s all here, just minutes from home.
- Great New Neighborhoods: In case you hadn’t heard, Montgomery is growing — and the eastern suburbs are among the fastest growing in the state. Plenty of new neighborhoods are springing up, many offering resort-style amenities and access to state-of-the-art new schools for the children. It’s a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the county with urban conveniences.
- Easy Commutes: Montgomery is growing, but it’s still a relatively small town — and that means lighter commutes and shorter trips overall. You’re less than a half-hour from downtown from almost anywhere in the city.
- The Great Outdoors: If you love the great outdoors, you’re in the right place. From Talladega National Forest to the North, to the Gulf Coast just 3 hours south (not to mention the Alabama River that runs right through Montgomery itself) you’re never far from communing with nature and enjoying the sunshine. (Plus, you’re in the south, so the weather is fairly mild year-round.)
- Low Cost of Living: One of the biggest benefits of relocating to Montgomery, Alabama is that your dollars stretch much further. We enjoy a remarkably low cost of living compared to other cities around the country, and the overall cost of housing here is considerably lower than the national average. This means you can get more home here for the money, and even people with modest incomes can often afford to buy a new construction home here where they couldn’t afford it elsewhere.
If you’re thinking to relocate to Montgomery, Lowder New Homes would love to help you get settled in a new construction home in one of our great neighborhoods. To learn more, give us a call at 334-270-6789.
Lowder New Homes is proud to build in Hampstead, one of the most innovative new urban communities in the United States, and one of Montgomery’s most coveted neighborhood destinations. We often get asked about community amenities at Hampstead and why it is such a desirable place to build or buy a new construction home. The amenities are too many to list here (see the Hampstead website for more), but here are just a few of the biggest highlights:
- Fitness opportunities: Hampstead has its own branch of the YMCA (called the “Y’s Up Gym), offering plenty of opportunities for residents to stay healthy and fit. In addition, Hampstead also has 3 community pools, tennis courts with an on-site pro, multiple park areas and a multi-sport field.
- Kid-friendly: Hampstead is a great neighborhood for families, with playground areas for the kids and one of the finest Montessori schools in the state located right in the neighbhorhood. Did we mention the multi-sports field and three swimming pools?
- Walkable neighborhood: Hampstead is specifically designed for pedestrians, patterned after some of the most beloved walkable cities in the world, and designed with the perfect street width and shade to encourage walking.
- Town Center: Hampstead offers the perfect blend of residential and commercial amenities, with the Town Center serving as the heart of the community. Enjoy coffee and fine restaurants serving locally sourced foods, and shop at a variety of local retailers and businesses — all right in the neighborhood.
- Hampstead Farm: One of this neighborhood’s most notable innovations is its working community farm located in the heart of the neighborhood. Residents get community farming beds to grow their own produce, while the farm itself offers numerous educational opportunities while providing food to the local eating establishments — a real working return to community self-sufficiency.
There are many other reasons to consider living in Hampstead, including a variety of high-quality new construction home designs available exclusively in this community. To learn more, call Lowder New Homes today at 334-270-6789.
Yes! There are opportunities for Hampstead residents to reserve a plot at the farm and try out their green thumb. Residents may also take part in our community crop share program, in which you pay a small fee for your share of seasonal harvests.
Yes! The lake at Hampstead was intentionally designed and constructed to create an ideal habitat for bass and bream. It is fully stocked, with some bass weighing in at well over 4 pounds. Fishing is for residents and their accompanied guests only. In addition to fishing, kayaking and canoeing are two other popular lake activities.
Woodland Creek FAQ
When Woodland Creek is completed, there will be between 850-900 homes, ranging in price from the low $200Ks up to $500K.
There is no gate, and the streets are public streets. However, there are security cameras, and the HOA hires a security company to patrol from 10:00 pm-6:00 am.
There are 3 different fee structures in Sturbridge. For The Ridge, where Lowder builds, it is $771 per year for 2018.
Membership includes access to community amenitites, including a swimming pool with a raintree kiddie pool, fitness center with cardio machines and weights, tennis courts, playground pavilion, athletic fields, walking paths, and fishing lakes.
Yes. In Sturbridge, Lowder homes are all brick with small Hardi-board accents in gables.
Yes. We sod the whole yard in addition to providing a landscape package for the front of your home.
Yes. All our plans have a covered outdoor living space.